Submit Your Bike Trail Adventure Articles:
After a few riders sent me emails mentioning their experiences on recent summer cycling trips, I got thinking…perhaps you too may have an interesting story to share with other cyclists on this site.
So I am inviting those of you who have been riding around Ontario to consider submitting a short article to guest post on OBT. Have a few good photos as well? Even better.
Did you encounter any unique sights, enjoyable adventures, perform heroic feats or have a humorous misadventure worth sharing?
This could be a great way to practice and share your writing skills with thousands of monthly readers visiting this site. We will also post it on our Facebook page.
Your articles will be proofread and your photos will be resized by us. You retain the copyright of the pictures and text.
Send me any cycling story ideas that you wish to write about or ask questions. I will let you know if it’s a worthy tale to tell.
Tales from the Trails – Submission Guidelines:
- Write your story, you can be as creative as you want to be, make it an interesting read
- Ontario is our focus but we welcome story ideas from around the world. The ride does not have to be exclusively on bike trails but it should have some and not be only road riding.
- Perhaps add humour or riding tips or mention interesting places in your copy
- Aim for about a 1000 words, more if it needs it, but keep it tight, focused and not wordy
- We need lots of photos to pick from (min. 6), pictures of you (on your bike), riding friends, the trail with cyclists, interesting landmarks, scenic views and so forth.
- Do you have a map of the route?
- Include a Bio – where you are from, your cycling history, what kind of riding you do, where, bikes you own, and links to your blog or social media pages that are relevant.
Remember, your audience are reading bike trail articles not just to get informed but to be entertained as well.
And even if you do not have the time to write an 800 word story, consider adding a comment at the bottom of any Trail review page.
Call for MTB Photo Submissions for Book:
As I am working towards publishing a mountain bike trail guide for next spring, while sorting through my photos, I was also thinking that some of you may have taken some great pix.
The focus is on what the trails look like or any unique features encountered with riders in the background or part of a larger scene. Do you have any photos of friends riding over rocks, wooden structures, doing jumps, hopping logs or pictures of interesting sights?
There will be a small payment and photo credit given to grant me the use of the photos in the book. You will still retain the copyright of the images. (Any recognized faces in the images with need a model release aswell so I know they are fine with being published.)
Do you have a few well taken shots of mountain bike riders (not just men) on the trail in Ontario? Please send me samples (at a reduced size) or a link to a page so I may review them.
So that’s the basics, get thinking this winter if you have some interesting cycling stories or good photography to share…forward me your ideas, I’d love to see what everyone is up to.
ride on (and write on)… Dan Roitner