About This Site
Ontario Bike Trails .com aims to list the best off road bicycle riding trails in the province. I am working on building that list to be as complete as possible. Rides are only posted after I have ridden the trails and amassed the most details possible to inform you.
The focus is on where the bike trails are and to give you as much detail to plan your next ride.
It’s a site to inspire you to try somewhere different. Also this a site to help promote all the different ways to ride a bike off the road at any age.
From the kids who follow their parents on an easy Rail Trail to lovers riding Park Trail, or teens going aerial on BMX tracks to retired seasoned MTB riders still getting a thrill, there is a ride in Ontario for you to discover.
I put this site together because of three things.
- My love of exploring on my MTB bike
- I like working with maps
- To share my knowledge of trails from years of riding them
OBT Unique Site Features:
- Consistent Reviews – I writes all the reviews so you can evenly compare trails. This avoids inconsistent comments, errors, duplicate entries, broken links…
- Full Coverage – Trails are posted only when fully researched and I have ridden them (95%). No half ass listings of rumours of a sweet trail down some secret trailhead…
- Best Rides – Only the better trails make the cut. Not any old loop will make it. They need to be at least +5 km, well maintained, legal and FUN to ride.
- Focus is on Trails – this site may mention gear, technique, biking news but the focus is the ride and where they are.
Ontario Bike Trails was conceived once I found the right web software to publish my info in the right manner. The site is all about TRAILS, and MAPS – where they are, and what are they like. It’s a map site that even helps you with driving directions and the current weather.
Other bike sites are into mainly gear and racing, we are all about the riding and where to find it. I want to inform you as best as possible so you can make the right choice. (before you head out the door)
And avoid driving for hours to find that the trails not what you expected and be disappointed. It’s happened to me too often, hence I am sharing my experiences so you can enjoy the sport and share it with your friends.